NHFBF Frequently Asked Questions
Why join the New Hampshire Farm Bureau Federation (NHFBF)?
All agricultural enthusiasts and producers are encouraged to join Farm Bureau! We are a membership organization that is dedicated to advocating for and educating the public about agriculture. Farm Bureau is “The Voice of Agriculture,” and is the overseer of legislation impacting the farming community. We are an independent, non-government, voluntary organization that strives to strengthen the next generation by offering college scholarships, contributing to Agriculture in the Classroom, and supporting the Young Farmer program. We advocate for an abundant, affordable, sustainable and safe food supply. We also help you stretch your budget by taking advantage of our many member-only benefits!
How do I become a member?
You can join in the following ways:
- Online – right HERE, right NOW!
- Download the Farm Bureau New Membership Application and send it in the mail to
NHFBF, 295 Sheep Davis Road, Concord, NH 03301
- Call the NHFBF Office at (603) 224-1934
- Through your local Farm Family agent
What is the difference between a Supporting and Farmer member?
As a farmer member ($75+ dues level), you have a voice in directing policy and the structure of Farm Bureau. This is accomplished by bringing issues forward to your county Farm Bureau. Farmer members, who are interested in bettering their community and the future of farming in the Granite State, have a say and a vote in Farm Bureau policy.
By working together, members turn Farm Bureau policies into legislative action. The NHFBF policy director is in charge of watching legislation that impacts agriculture. The director represents Farm Bureau at hearings and industry meetings to ensure the voice of the farmer is heard.
Supporting members ($60 dues level) are those who share a passion and enthusiasm for local agriculture but do not have a vote in Farm Bureau policy. The membership level is still very important to Farm Bureau and members can still be involved in various capacities such as the Young Farmer program or the Associated Women.
I care about agriculture, how can I get involved and become an advocate?
There are many ways to get involved through the NHFBF:
- Join the Young Farmer program (for agricultural enthusiasts and producers between the ages of 16-35)
- Attend Associated Women meetings and activities (all women belonging to Farm Bureau are welcome to attend)
- Volunteer at events where Farm Bureau is present and share your excitement about agriculture with the general public
- Serve as a county Farm Bureau board member
- Attend annual county or state Farm Bureau meetings
What are the NHFBF member benefits?
NHFBF offers many member-only benefits. Our partners offer discounts on many products and services.
- Farm Family – farm, home, auto, and life insurance policy discounts
- NEEBCo Health Insurance – farmer members may qualify for the NHFBF health insurance plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment – every member of NHFBF receives an AD&D policy, starting at $5,000 their first year of membership. Each following year that you renew in a timely manner, your AD&D benefit increases by $500.
- Discount prescription card
- John Deere – New Hampshire Farm Bureau members receive special access to the John Deere’s GreenFleet™ Loyalty Rewards program, providing members with a free two-year Platinum 2 membership!
- Case IH – save $300 – 500 on a new tractor or other hay implements!
- CAT Machines – save up to $2,500 on agricultural equipment!
See fbadvantage.com for more details.
- Grainger – get up to 30% off and free shipping at grainger.com
- Sears Commercial – take advantage of the Sears Commercial Appliance Select Plus Program. Receive special pricing (5 – 50% off) on the everyday products that make your house your home. Note: this discount is not valid in retail stores. Contact the NHFB office at 224-1934 for more information.
- Choice Hotels – save up to 20% off best available rate
- Avis Rental – save up to 25% on your car rentals
- Budget Rental – save up to 25% on car rentals
Clothing & Apparel
- Get a discount on select Carhartt clothing at Osborne’s Agway and The Barn Store of New England
- Get stylish and comfy NHFB apparel
Services & Finances
- MJM Associates Credit Card Processing
- AgriPlanNOW – save money on your taxes and get your personal free tax analysis
- Farm Bureau Bank
- The Communicator is the official newspaper of NHFB and is mailed to all members 6 times a year.
- The Friday Review is a weekly newsletter about legislation for farm, forest & rural interest and is available to members upon request.
- The Small Farm Quarterly is a supplement to The Communicator for farmer members.
- The Post is a weekly e-newsletter that gets delivered to your email inbox, that keeps you up-to-date about events in the NH agricultural community.
I know NHFB watches legislature about agriculture, how can I let them know about a bill that will impact me?
Contact Rob Johnson, policy director for the NHFBF by email or phone at (603) 224-1934.
Who are my legislators?
Follow the link below to the NH General Court to search for your legislators.