Any New Hampshire Farm Bureau woman member is eligible and encouraged to participate in the Associated Women. Monthly meetings are held on the first Monday and are moved around the state to accommodate participants and is a way to learn first-hand about our state’s agricultural diversity.
History & Purpose
The Associated Women of the New Hampshire Farm Bureau Federation began in 1923 as the “Home and Community Welfare Work of NH Farm Bureau.” Abbie Sargent of Hillsborough County was the first chair-woman of this group and in 1934, the first President of the Associated Women of the American Farm Bureau Federation.
The objective of the Associated Women is to create interest in, knowledge of, and desire to improve world relations, government, education, health, safety and standard of living as they impact the farm and rural communities. The group also cooperates with maintaining the objectives of the NH Farm Bureau Federation.
Programs & Activities
Communicating the NH Agriculture Story
•Associated Women’s Book: Our Farming Heritage Lives On: Celebrating 100 Years of New Hampshire Farm Bureau Federation
•participate in open farms and school-to-farm days
• support the NH Agriculture in the Classroom program
• help sponsor workshops on health, safety, finances, animal welfare, niche marketing, starting and transitioning family businesses
• write articles for The Communicator
• serve on a county Farm Bureau board
• leadership conference opportunities at state, regional and national levels
Networking & Social Opportunities
• meet people with similar interests
• farm and cultural tours
• learn new skill and share ideas
Issues & Influence
• grassroots policy development
• contacting decision-makers about Farm Bureau policy issues
• support Farm Bureau policy goals
Activities & Events
• Food Check-out Day at David’s House
• summer outing
• NH Farm & Forest Expo
• NH Farm Bureau Summer Picnic and Candidates’ Forum
• Eastern States Exposition fundraiser
• Ag Literacy Day
• National Women’s Conference
Feel free to join us at our next meeting or event. Simply fill out the following form and someone from the Associated Women will contact you.